Application of Turkish Citizenship Law
Official Gazette dated January 12, 2017
Decision Number: 2016/9601
Attached “Enforcement of the Regulation on the Amendment of the Regulation on the Implementation of the Turkish Citizenship Law”; According to the Article 46 of the Turkish Citizenship Law No. 5901 on the letter of the Ministry of Interior dated 6/12/2016 and numbered 3972. The Council of Ministers decided on 12/12/2016.
REGULATION ON THE IMPLEMENTATION OF THE LAW OF TURKISH CITIZENSHIP REGULATION
ARTICLE 1- The following paragraph has been added to the 20th Article of the Regulation on the Implementation of the Turkish Citizenship Law put into force by the Decree of the Council of Ministers dated 11/2/2010 and numbered 2010/139 and the following paragraphs have been amended accordingly and the same article has been amended accordingly (B) and “(b)”, the “second” clause was changed to “third” and the following paragraph was added to the same article.’’
(2) A foreigner who acquires any of the following conditions may acquire Turkish citizenship with the proposal of the Ministry and the decision of the Council of Ministers within the scope of paragraph (b) of the first paragraph of Article 12 of the Law:
- A) Determined by the Ministry of Economy, which has made a fixed capital investment of at least USD 2,000,000,
- B) Not to sell the immovable property title register for at least 3,000,000 US Dollars in the amount of at least 1,000,000 US Dollars, which is determined by the Ministry of Environment and Urban Planning,
- C) The Ministry of Labor and Social Security, which employs at least 100 people,
- D) Banking Regulation and Supervision Agency, which has invested in the banks operating in Turkey, provided that the deposit is held for three years with a minimum amount of 3,000,000 US Dollars,
- D) The amount determined by the Undersecretariat of Treasury to be purchased, provided that the State borrowing instruments are kept for three years at least USD 3,000,000.
“(6) When the monetary values stated in the second paragraph are determined, the effective sales price of the Central Bank of Turkey at the date of determination shall be taken as basis.
Enters into force on the date of its publication.
ARTICLE 2- This Regulation shall enter into force on the date of its publication.
ARTICLE 3- The provisions of this Regulation are executed by the Council of Ministers.